1. The name Lidar, now used as an acronym of light detection and ranging, Lidar sometimes is called 3D laser scanning, a special combination of 3D scanning and laser scanning. 2. Autonomous vehicles may use Lidar for obstacle detection and avoidance to navigate safely through environments, using rotating laser beam. 3. The time-to-digital converter (TDC) is a time digitizer which is used to measure a time interval and convert it into digital (binary) output. In our Lab, we have successfully developed several TDC chips. We apply these TDC chips with single-photon avalanche diode (SPAD) developed by NCTU and can accurately measure the distance. 4. In this project, you will learn to use a microprocessor to connect a time-to-digital converter (TDCs) by GPIO ports. The microprocessor system you can choose from Raspberry, Arduino and other Microprocessor/FPGA boards. 5. You can focus on software programming by C/Perl or other your familiar language and microprocessor. You will focus on the signal-processing technique for getting the correct signal response time from TDC chip under a huge-light noisy environment. 6. We will provide you sufficient experimental hardware and environment to help you to implement a real Lidar system. You can get sufficient training on hardware-software system integration. The monthly salary is 11,000NT, which can cover your general living and life spent in here.
- Field: Engineering
- School: Feng Chia University
- Organizer: Department of Electronic Engineering
- Period of Apply: Please contact us to confirm the period of application!
- Term: Please contact us!
- Tuition Fee: Please contact us!
- Contact Person：Prof. Ching-Hwa Cheng
- Phone：/ SKYPE: cheng_chc