Our international lab provides training in the field of "Discovery of active natural products".
Our aims are to scientifically confirm the composition and traditional use of herbal medicines for the treatment of immune and infectious diseases. There are three directions:
1. Extraction of plant material, separation using various chromatographic techniques, compound purification, and structural elucidation.
2. Screening for drugs that suppress the overactivation of immune system and bioactivity-guided isolation (anti-viral or anti-allergic assay).
3. Bioinformatic tools (ChemGPS-NP, GNPS, molecular docking) to aid the discovery of new crude or purified drugs.
During the stay, it is expected that after the training the TEEP student will perform his/her own experiments, improve own skills, and also collect data for his/her own or collaborative research topic.
- Field: Medicine & Public Health
- School: Kaohsiung Medical University
- Organizer: Graduate Institute of Natural Products
- Period of Apply: 2023/02/01 - 2023/12/31, please contact us for details
- Term: 2023/02/01 - 2023/12/31
- Tuition Fee: Basic scholarship is 15000 NTD per month. There is no registration or tuition fee. For accommodation, the university dorm may be available (cheap). In general, the cost of living in South Taiwan is low.
- Website of Program: wac.kmu.edu.tw/qur/profiles.php?id=1107055
- Contact Person：Prof. Michal Korinek