1. Topic: (1) Microorganisms can promote plant growth through direct and indirect mechanisms. These beneficial microorganisms have been applied in agriculture as biofertilizers and biopesticides as well as phytoremediation agents. Compared with the use of bacteria and mycorrhizal fungi, the use of yeasts as plant growth–promoting agents has not been extensively investigated. In this project, yeasts will be isolated from the phyllosphere and rhizosphere of the important crops and assessed for their plant growth-promoting traits. All isolates will be tested for indole-3-acetic acid–, ammonia-, and polyamine-producing abilities, calcium phosphate and zinc oxide solubilizing ability, and catalase activity. Furthermore, the activities of siderophore, 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate deaminase, and fungal cell wall–degrading enzymes will be also assessed. Finally, the antagonistic action of yeasts against pathogens will be evaluated. After the assays above-mentioned, I will co-cultivate the model plants with yeast isolates to analyze their PGP potential. Our study results will be useful in the use of yeasts as plant biofertilizers under controlled and field conditions. (2) or any topics of microbial ecology 2. Intern period: 6 months 4. Intern positions: 1 5. Internship: NTD$ 15,000 per month. 6. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to me.
- Field: Nature Science
- School: National Changhua University of Education
- Organizer: Department of Biology
- Period of Apply: Please contact us to confirm the period of application!
- Contact Person：Prof. Jui-Yu Chou
- Phone：886+4-7232105 ext. 3428