Our plan focuses on utilizing green energy-solar photovoltaic combined with novel boron-doped diamond (BDD) to obtain chlorinated volatile contaminants (volatile organic compounds, VOCs) in groundwater. By using the team’s cell-based high-throughput screening platform (MTT bioassay, NF-kB bioassay and P53 bioassay) and biological nematode tests, we can have a deeper understanding of the cytotoxic mortality, inflammatory reaction, carcinogenicity and biotoxicity effects of groundwater contamination in the chosen site. This project will recruit three East Asian students to Taiwan to participate in the TEEP@AsiaPlus program, namely, Mapua University in the Philippines, Khonkaen University in Thailand and Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT) in Malaysia. The students from Taiwan will cooperate with the foreign students to conduct experiments and write reports that will be submitted and published in international journals.
- Field: Nature Science
- School: National Pingtung University of Science and Technology
- Organizer: Department of Environmental Science and Engineering
- Period of Apply: Please contact us to confirm the period of application!
- Term: Please contact us!
- Tuition Fee: Please contact us!
- Contact Person：I-Cheng Lu