This program gives participants opportunities to work on cancer research projects for a period of 6 months, providing a learning platform for those who are interested in studying cancer combining wet lab and dry lab. In particular, participants will be trained to get familiar with cell works (including cell culture, molecular analysis, etc.) and microfluidic device fabrication. The main research focuses on three-dimensional (3D) tumor model for drug discovery using the microfluidic device. It has been slowly recognized 3D cell culture offers a more patho-physiologically relevant environment. Therefore, this program will teach the basic techniques regarding the device design and fabrication for 3D cancer cell culture. The outcome will focus on combining the microfluidic device for 3D tumor model and drug discovery. Last but not least, participants can pursue their cancer research topics in a Taiwanese-style lab and culturally diverse vibrant academic/research environment. This program is planned to provide NT$10,000/month for up to 6 months (accommodation, flight tickets, VISA application and miscellaneous fees should be borne by the students.)
- Field: Medicine & Public Health
- School: National Cheng Kung University
- Organizer: Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Period of Apply: Please contact us to confirm the period of application!
- Term: 6 months
- Tuition Fee: Please see the program description or contact us!
- Website of Program: sites.google.com/site/nckuimbslab/
- Contact Person：Dr. Tu Ting-Yuan or Ms. Nguyen Thi Kim Mai
- Phone：+886-6-2757575 #63440